In recent years we have enjoyed an excellent quality of life, but it is not enough to expect this to continue without effort. We must put in place assurances that what we hold dear: clean water, personal safety, education for all, environmental and marine conservation, affordable housing, democratic governance, will always remain available to us all.
- Develop diversity training guides in organisations.
- Develop a public relations campaign to promote diversity.
- Encourage information links on diversity to be posted on public and private sector websites.
- Publish for suggested adoption by businesses a draft diversity policy.
- Leverage government assets for business use such as Women's Rescource Ctr, DER, etc.
- Launch a diversity award / recognition programme.
- Develop business toolkits with templates and prototypes of diversity policies and staff training modules.
- Extend after hours school bus programme to allow for more access to extracurricular activities.
- Lengthen the school day (with transport available) to incorporate increased sport / clubs.
- Incorporate more fully substance abuse education into curriculum.
- Enhance recognition and enforcement of existing drug and alcohol laws.
- Evaluate support grants to reach the greatest range of youth service providers (sports clubs, youth groups, etc).
- Enact and implement the National Conservation Law.
- Implement the Ministry of Planning legally mandated 5 year review and update of National Development Strategic Report.
- Conduct public education on waste reduction and existing recycling opportunities.
- Support public recycling initiatives and recognise corporate champions.
- Use results of 2010 Census to arrive at population growth scenarios to inform review of development Strategic Report and generally as forward planning tools.
- Publish small claims handbook via the Office of the Complaints commissioner.
- Support the reassignment of staff for compliance related activities of government agencies.
- Leverage different systems and integrate department databases.
- Implement service expectation and procedure workflows (flowcharts) for typical activities of government departments with a public touch point.
- Develop minimum housing standards.
- Support the development and implementation of a National Crime Prevention Strategy.
- Update National Youth Policy.
- Enhance and expand at risk youth intervention and support programmes.
- Support experimental (trial) programmes.
- Expand vocational programmes - encourage earlier participation.
- Encourage companies to have family friendly policies by providing templates and toolkits to assist in implementation of them.